We are looking for a back-end web developer with primary experience in Django.
- We are building a bespoke project to solve problems faced by all stakeholders in the business (explore what we do).
- This is a completely remote position.
- The project is about 70% completed. We have come far already, but need your help to see it through to the finish line.
- 20 hours/week for a duration of 3 months — this is a part-time opportunity that may transition into a full-time (40 hour/week) gig based on your performance.
- Ideal years of experience is between 1 and 4 years.
- We are not necessarily concerned with years of experience itself — what you bring to the table is far more important to us. Of course, as long as you meet the rest of the criteria!
You may be required to write a PR given a feature request on an existing sample project.
We expect the following:
- Comfortable with Python and at least intermediate with Django.
- An intermediate Django developer is someone who is comfortable almost exclusively relying on the official Django documentation for coming up with solutions to problems.
- You must be well-versed with Postgres and Django’s ORM.
- Experience with Django also entails experience with DTL.
- Experience with source code management: git and GitHub.
- Native/bilingual proficiency in English required.
- You will be writing docstrings and inline comments to accompany your code.
- Experience with Celery and RabbitMQ for async background tasks.
- You know how to use Django’s testing utilities to write unit and integration tests.
- You have an online presence in terms of a personal website, personal portfolio, and/or a development-related Twitter/Mastodon/DEV.to/Medium/etc. account.
- Privacy, and as a consequence, security is at the heart of your work. We value our customer’s data immensely!
Specifically, some of the areas you might touch upon include:
- Moderation features.
- Payment processor integration.
- Cleanup of some specific views and forms.
- Bug fixes as and when discovered.
- New feature requests as they come up from clients as well as staff.
Any official communication will always be through our website (
okayrelax.com) and our official email addresses (finishing in
Should you consider yourself a good fit, please fill this form. Following that, you will be invited for a video interview via your email. Note that the final pay offer will be based on our internal assessment.
If your application is not a fit, we may unfortunately not be able to reply individually to you.