We are looking for a Backend Developer (Django) in the UTC+03:00 to UTC+08:00 time-zone. Please do not apply outside these time-zones, as we rarely make exceptions. Ideal experience is between 1 and 4 years.
- We are building a bespoke project to solve problems faced by all stakeholders in the business.
- The project is about 2 months into its lifecycle. We have come far already, but need your help to see it through to the finish line.
- It’s a standard Django application.
- Django Rest Framework, if included, will only be in small portions.
- 40 hours per week.
- This is a full-time opportunity.
- Your work will be tracked in a project management software. We do expect daily reports via comments on assigned tickets/tasks.
At least one open source/GitHub project with Django that we can actually test with demo login credentials and a useful README file will be required.
Alternatively, you must be willing to write a PR given a feature request on an existing project.
- Python and Django experience is a must.
- You must be well-versed with one of Postgres and Django’s ORM.
- Experience with Django also entails experience with DTL.
- Experience with source code management: git and GitHub.
- Native/bilingual proficiency in English required. You will be writing detailed comments to accompany your code. 🙂
- An exception can be made for you if you are exceptionally wonderful at what you do.
- You know how to use Django’s testing utilities to write unit and integration tests.
- You have an online presence in terms of a personal website or portfolio, and/or a development-related Twitter/Mastodon/DEV.to/Medium/etc. account.
- Privacy, and as a consequence, security is at the heart of your work. We value our customer’s data immensely!
Any official communication will always be through our website (
okayrelax.com) and our official email addresses (finishing in
Should you consider yourself a good fit, please fill this form. Following that, you may be invited for a video interview via your email. Note that the final pay offer will be based on our assessment, not solely on your previous pay package. Your pay expectation is only one small parameter in our decision.